Since the third grade, I’ve been a big lover of books. I read voraciously as a child and had many favourite authors including Roald Dahl and Caroline B. Cooney before I moved onto the queens of romance such as Nora Roberts, Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood and Rachel Gibson. But I lost touch with that after college, when life got really busy with work and all the usual. I missed it. So I started reading again and eventually I got into the habit of setting a reading goal for myself at the beginning of the year. I only started keeping a tally and tracking which books I’ve read (and when) after Goodreads introduced their annual Reading Challenges and I’ve really enjoyed seeing how many I’ve managed to read in a given year.
Here’s what I’ve kept a record of:
- 2007: Books read – 3 of unknown goal
- 2008: Books read – 4 of unknown goal
- 2009: Books read – 17 of unknown goal
- 2010: Books read – 15 of unknown goal
- 2011: Books read – 12 of 25. Success – 48%
- 2012: Books read – 5 of 30. Success – 17%
- 2013: Books read – 15 of 28. Success – 54%
- 2014: Books read – 4 of unknown goal
- 2015: Books read – 4 of 20. Success – 20%
- 2016: Books read – 26 of 20. Success – 130%
- 2017: Books read – 18 of 25. Success – 72%
Join me in 2018 as I re-attempt to meet my 25-book goal!
I couldn’t put this book down. In two days, I whizzed through it all, often on the edge of the proverbial seat dying to know more. MUST. KNOW. MORE.Kyla is a 16-year-old girl with no memory of who she once was – but that’s okay becaus…